We are a friendly community choir of thirty-four members drawn from around Suffolk, who rehearse on Thursday evenings in Otley, near Woodbridge. Our aims as a choir are to enjoy ourselves, sing beautifully, and work hard to improve.
On this page you'll find out more about who we are and what we do, how to book us for an event, and even how to join us!
- We give four to five concerts a year, alongside singing at a wide range of events including weddings, entertainments and music festivals;
- Our Director is Claire Weston, former Principal of the English National Opera;
- We give an annual Choral Workshop to learn about technique, share music-making, and have fun;
- We have been on tour to Ireland and Wales. In 2018 we are visiting Belgium.
- We performed in the Final of the Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod;
- We have performed in the Queen's Chapel of the Savoy;
- We have performed on BBC Radio 3;
- We have recorded for SkyArts with Richard E Grant for Tate Britain;
- We performed alongside G4 at the Ipswich Regent;
- We have commissioned new music from local composers such as John Hutchings
- We have been invited to participate in a performance of Ola Gjeilo’s “Dreamweaver” and “Song of the Universal” at Carnegie Hall in New York City!
You can audition at any time. Our audition process consists of:
We are always happy to receive bookings for new events.
Our fees vary according to the type of event, but we can usually negotiate an arrangement that benefits all parties.
We can sing either as a full choir, or a smaller group if space is a problem, working with you to find the best fit for what you are searching for.
A short video detailing our rich and wonderful history of over a quarter of a century!
Find us on Facebook, on Twitter, and on Youtube: